The ICCAs are cocktail awards made for the benefit of the Irish cocktail industry, by the Irish cocktail industry. A longlist is created by the craft cocktail fans all over Ireland, with the shortlist and winning bars/individuals are decided by an industry vote, made up of a wide and comprehensive list of craft cocktail bars and individuals in the Irish cocktail industry. These bars/individuals will have been chosen for their knowledge, expertise and ability to produce beautifully crafted cocktails. Although the Industry voting committee is somewhat restricted, candidates are not. Voters can pick any bar/individual that they deem worthy, as long as they fit the criteria.
We cannot stress enough how important it is for voters to genuinely consider the criteria of the award categories. These awards are meant to promote the Irish industry, and we rely on the integrity of our voters not to turn it into a popularity contest.
First Round: General Public Vote
We want to hear your voice! Yes YOU, craft cocktail lover! We want you to help us create a shortlist of craft cocktail bars in Ireland that will go onto the next round. You don’t have to work within the industry, you just have to love craft cocktails! Submit your choices for each category, in no particular order. You have to be over the age of 18 to submit.
Second Round: Industry Vote
This round decides the winners. Each registered venue has two votes, which can be used as they wish. They can be used by the General Manager and Assistant Manager, head bartenders, or maybe one of the votes can be a collective staff vote. Each Industry individual has one vote. Submit your top three choices for each category, in order of preference.
If you did not participate last year and would like to this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will register you as an industry voter. We will send you a link for your ballot.
- ROUND ONE, GENERAL PUBLIC VOTE: OPENS SEPTEMBER 18TH 2017, CLOSES OCTOBER 8TH 2017.
- You can vote for any bar/individual you want, including where you work.
- Choose your top three candidates for each category in no particular order.
- ROUND TWO, INDUSTRY VOTE: OPENS 16TH OCTOBER 2017, CLOSES 31st OCTOBER 2017.
- You must not currently work in the bars you vote for or work with the individual/team you vote for.
- Choose your top three candidates for each category in order of preference.
- Each venue is allowed only 2 votes and each individual is allowed 1 vote. The bar/organisation will choose which two individuals can vote.
- The bar must still be open.
- Any suspicion of foul-play, lobbying for votes or collusion of bars or individuals to determine the outcome of a particular category will result in disqualification from the awards. Bars may of course encourage their fans to vote, but are not permitted to incentivise votes in any way.
- Please take care to spell name of candidates very carefully as spoiled/indecipherable ballots will be discarded.
Voting Timeline 2017
First Round, General Public Vote Opens: 18th September 2017
First Round, General Public Vote deadline: 8th October 2017
Second Round, Industry Vote: 11th October 2017
Second Round, Industry Vote deadline: 29th October 2017
Awards Ceremony: 26th November 2017
Do you have a question about the awards and their processed? Check out our FAQs here!